Temperature Tracking Data Logger
PaladinID is excited to announce a Cold Chain Management Solution for companies who need to monitor their products for temperature history during transportation and storage. This breakthrough technology is the next generation of affordable, mobile-ready Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for environmental data capture and cloud-based analytics and provisioning. The Smart Label Temperature Logger is the size of a credit card, flexible and a fraction of the cost of competing products. It is the first disposable temperature logger on the market today. The Smart Label Temperature Logger is a portable powered smart sensor that tracks and stores temperature readings that can be read locally by radio frequency identification (RFID) readers such as mobile phones. It empowers businesses in a broad range of market segments by providing low cost temperature monitoring to virtually any product. Applications include monitoring and tracking of temperature sensitive products for cold storage applications, medical products, pharmaceutical logistics, and monitoring the transportation of fragile goods.
The Smart Label Temperature Logger contains a precise temperature sensor, digital storage, flexible battery, and supports NFC (near field communication). The Smart Label can communicate with a variety of local devices using an application on consumer mobile devices or industrial equipment to read the complete logged history recorded on the label.
Even after the battery life has drained, the Smart Label can still be used as a passive temperature sensor label providing the present ambient temperature. The entire memory content, including the measurement values, are still fully accessible, eliminating the risk of data loss and enabling further application even after the data logging capability has stopped.
The Smart Label Temperature Logger is also configurable, enabling frequent measurements for detailed logging or longer intervals to produce logging for extended periods. It also can be calibrated to a customers application needs, providing a reliable and long read range using an ISO/IEC 14443 or 15693 RFID interface (depending on the version the sensor tag). The water-resistant Smart Labels are easily attached with an adhesive backing that can be affixed to virtually any surface. The front side of each label can be graphically personalized for specific customer branding and can be printed with offset CMYK and/or Pantone colors and comes with a protective surface for enhanced protection against harsh environments.
Real world example of this product in use.
Perishable Goods Distribution
The distribution of perishable goods (including food and flowers) is subject to strict monitoring in order to guarantee product freshness and quality from the production site to the end user. Tracking the conditions to which perishable food items are exposed, as they travel from a field, factory or farm to a store, involves an expensive wired or battery-powered data logger that is accessed only when those products reach their ultimate destination. The Smart Label Temperature Logger addresses existing challenges by using RFID technology to read and easily transmit vital information about the product. By simply using a mobile phone, temperature records are transmitted to the cloud platform for analytics and risk remediation (and eventually localization).
For example, a truck driver can read the data when dropping off or picking up a product shipment at a distribution center and a retail store worker can do so at the receiving dock, ensuring freshness at any given point in time.
Contact Dana Ritchie for samples of this exciting new product at 888.972.5234.
“Making companies more competitive by offering the correct label printing solution, on time, within budget, while creating unmatched value”.
- Supply chain (i.e. traceability and cold chain monitoring of perishable foods, flowers and pharmaceuticals during transportation and storage
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical (i.e. medical equipment and drugs)
- Government applications
- Smart packaging
- Trust the temperature history of sensitive products
- Read by any IoT device (NFC-enabled)
- Bundled with a mobile Android application and cloud platform access for data analytics and eventual risk remediation
- Robust design to prevent damage (approximately 1.7 mm thick)
- Active, battery assisted, pocket-sized tag
- Self-adhesive backing with convenient application to any surface
- Custom printed artwork on the front
- Temperature range: -30 to 50 C (-22 to 122 F)
- Battery life >90-120 days after product activation depending on measurement interval
- RFID chip: Contactless ISO/IEC 1443, readable by NFC-enabled phones
- Thin flex battery
- Log capacity > 10,000 temperature records
- Data logging modes: Continuous logging (default mode, logging temperature at specific intervals
- Programmable logging interval (10 seconds to > 9 hours)
- Trusted architecture with data encryption and end-to-end authentication with the cloud
- Temperature calibration procedure according to ISO/IEC 17025
Tell us about your application
PaladinID’s commitment to saving you time and money, while ensuring your product labels maintain the highest level of quality, accuracy, and consistency, is what differentiates us from the competition. PaladinID has created and supported high-performance labeling solutions in many diverse fields all over the world. If you would like to know how PaladinID can help you, please email or give us a call at 888.972.5234. We look forward to hearing from you.